Mild Hungarian Paprika Salami (kolbász) – wood smoked & aged
Every autumn, the household’s fattened pig is made into a smoked salami to sustain the family throughout the cold long winter. This traditional style of cured salami is made from a secret recipe kept within the family for hundreds of years.
Made with the finest imported Hungarian paprika, garlic, cumin.
- Artisan crafted and created locally using NZ free farmed pork.
- Made the traditional way and preserved using salt, smoke and dry curing time at optimum environmental conditions.
- No fillers or artificial ingredients.
- Gluten free
- Serve as an addition to a charcuterie platter.
- Slice and sauté with mushrooms, onions, capsicums adding whisked eggs to the pan to make a delicious omelette.
- Top your home made pizzas.
- Add sliced to a potato bake for a warming winter dish
- For a hearty winter warmer, add Hungarian Salami to a bean soup and serve with fresh crusty bread.