Serves 4 as a side.
- 2 sticks The Hungarian Artisan Co. Spicy Hungarian Salami, sliced
- 4 large Agria potatoes, peeled
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs fine polenta
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh chilli, sliced with seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 700g bottle tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped Shaved pecorino
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC fan forced.
- Cut the peeled potatoes into 2cm chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes, until they have soften on the outside, but are still firm and hold their shape.
- Drain the potatoes and let them steam and dry out for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle over the first measure of salt and fine polenta.
- Give the potatoes a shake to rough them up and coat them.
- Pour the potatoes out on to a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and place into the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking add the sliced salami to the tray.
Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, salt and chilli together in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the smoked paprika, cook for a further minute.
- Now add the bottle of passata.
- Bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Using a hand blender, blend the sauce until it is smooth.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve topped with the tomato sauce, a sprinkle of parsley and some shaved pecorino if you wish.